The Crossrail Effect: Focus on Slough – Seminar Roundup
On Wednesday 18 April, we hosted our first seminar of 2018, “The Crossrail Effect: Focus on Slough”. Planned in conjunction with JLL, our seminar delved into the impact that the upcoming Crossrail line is having on several key locations along its route throughout London and the Commuter Belt.
Our keynote speaker, Neil Chegwidden, Director of Residential Research at JLL, highlighted a number of key social, political and economic points that could shape the investor landscape:
- The overall potential of Slough and its status as an ‘untapped market’, which benefits from a pro-development council, increased opportunities for residential development and attractiveness to young professionals that are looking for an affordable London alternative.
- How several Commuter Belt locations, including Slough, are ticking the boxes with regards to housing market trends, forecasting a growing population that will expand significantly over the next 20 years.
- The growing gap between housing demand and availability on top of rising house prices and slower wage increases in London.
- The decline that London is experiencing in various markets and the knock-on effect that is beginning to have across the Commuter Belt as both renters and buyers look further afield.
- The regional city centres and town centres that look set to outperform London both economically and in terms of the housing market, as they receive inwards investment that could boost growth over the next few years.
The seminar concluded with a lively question and answer session hosted by Andy Foote, Director at SevenCapital. Discussion points ranged from the cornerstones of rental property to sustainable demand, the development landscape for Slough and residential supply versus demand across the Commuter Belt.
We’d like to take the opportunity to thank all of our guests that joined us and if you’re interested in watching the full seminar, you can find a web version by filling in the form below.
Get Your Email Link To The Crossrail Effect Seminar
Fill in the form and we’ll send you an email with your link to “The Crossrail Effect: Focus on Slough” seminar.
Stay Ahead of the Property Market: Newsletter
Sign up today and be the first to get the latest property news, market insights and SevenCapital development updates delivered straight to your inbox, every month.